I'm With The (Lap) Band

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

THE List

Ok...I think about this all of the time My list of "NSVs" - Non scale victories. Things I want to be able to do but feel hindered from doing because of the weight.

Now is time to write them down - so we can revisit them from time to time so we can "tick" them off. So here they are...in no particular order. Some are serious - others quite silly - but they are what I think about...

  1. To ride roller coasters again. (Always has been my #1 reason. ha!)
  2. To wear jeans – real zip-up, button at the top blue jeans
  3. To let someone else be behind the camera for once (Of course, this will involve me giving up creative control over the pictures’ composition.)
  4. To be able to scoot the car seat up out of the farthest position
  5. To get on a plane and not have to surreptitiously ask the nearest flight attendant for an extender
  6. To be able to tie my shoes like they were intended to be tied - and not where they are hanging off the side of the shoe for me to step on and untie when I’m exactly where I can’t easily re-tie them. (It’s a visual thing - know that I understand it…)
  7. Have the “challenged” guy on the morning train talk to me (he only speaks to the “pretty girls”) (I know – why would I want the “challenged” guy to talk to me in the first place – it’s just that witty conversation starter he has – “You are so pretty…” )
  8. To be able to buy a ticket on Southwest Airlines without having to worry about whether or not they’ll submit me to the “Armrest Test.” (If it weren’t for the low prices on their flights, I honestly wouldn’t patronize them – since they are so patronizing to overweight people.)
  9. To be able to go into Dillards or Macy’s and buy an outfit that fits right.
  10. To walk into a restaurant and not worry about whether they have tables vs. booths
  11. To be healthy enough to conceive a child, have a healthy pregnancy and birth and then be able to tote and run after that child
  12. To have a major pillow fight with my nephew without getting winded or just giving up ‘cause I have no upper arm strength
  13. To have the energy to work in the yard (Desire to work in the yard is a whole different subject.)
  14. Be thin enough to ride a horse again.
  15. Be thin enough to take a helicopter ride without paying double.
  16. To feel comfortable going out to clubs and concerts without worrying about the stares and seating. (Yes, this is a problem even with DH with me.)
  17. Be able to take a bath vs. a shower at home (without having the bathroom redone to include a garden tub.)
  18. Be able to take a bath in my Mom’s Jacuzzi tub without having my fat legs stop up the return suction.
  19. Be able to get out of the car without moaning and groaning the whole way.
  20. Be able to take the stairs – not only when I have to – but when I just want to!
  21. To not have to get the doctor or nurse to find the “large” BP cuff.
  22. Be able to go on vacation and get the T-shirt – ‘cause it doesn’t matter whether or not the store carries the extended sizes.
  23. To have clothes to bring to a clothing swap that others might be able to actually use
  24. To be thin enough to determine whether or not my hip hurts because of the weight – or because of some other factors.
  25. To be able to not worry about sitting on the floor or the ground for fear that A.) somone will see me attempting to get up, B.) not having something to steady me while I get up or C.) just not be able to get up at all!

I'm sure I'll add to these - but for now, it's a start...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home