I'm With The (Lap) Band

Monday, August 08, 2005

Probably need a fill

I'm so hungry these days. I truly feel like I could eat the wallpaper off the walls - well, if I had wallpaper, I could!

I don't know if it's just boredom or what.

Not that I'm not busy - have plenty to do.

I need to keep my knitting handy - keep working on projects. That's why I took it up, huh? To keep my hands busy and out of the kitchen.

Commercials are murder. I see things - or hear someone mention something - and BOOM! My mind has wandered into the kitchen or pantry. I do try to not let my body follow! Some days I'm better at it than others.

I know I need a fill. It's been almost 3 months since Fill #3 and I've not lost the weight I know I should have in that time. I haven't lost a pound in weeks - I also am aware that things "average out." Since that fill, I'm down 14 lbs that I know of. Now that I type that out, that averages out to a little more than 1 lb per week - so, not too bad. I know - I need to work on my "I want this now" part of my mind.

I did do my 8 month out measurements this past weekend and have lost another 9 inches all over - for a grand total loss of 46.5 inches.

It's just that I have this little deadline in my brain. I'm 10 lbs away from where I want to be by my birthday. My birthday is October 8 - so 2 months from today I want to be at -75 pounds. 10 pounds by then is COMPLETELY doable! I just have to wrap my mind around it, stay out of the kitchen and get back in that gym.

I'd try to get a fill this week, but I have a trip to NYC next week. Eating out every meal is always a challenge - and having to do mushies or liquids during that time is not easy. Plus - I enjoy the different restaurants there. Funny I say that - and yet, most of my favorite "meals" are soups from Hale & Hearty and this yogurt drink from the dairy - both in Chelsea Market across the street from the office. I could have a fill and still eat in NYC.

Besides NYC, though, in the next month I have my Mother in law coming for a visit (she's a great cook), a short trip to the lake for Labor Day (cooking out on the grill) and my 20th High School Reunion to (maybe) attend.

I can find excuses EVERYWHERE for not going in to get a fill. I need to quit making them and just do it.

Nope...they didn't band my brain. I'm still a foodie.

1 Comments:

  • Chelsea Market!!!! I am jealous.....
    Liz I am stuggling too...I have a goal in mind for my Anniversary Dec. 14 which is after my one year bandiversary!!! 19years btw. And if I don't get my butt in gear it is not going to happen. I also have a 20 year highschool reunion to think about.

    Slow and Steady right? We should make it our mantra....Slow and Steady....OMMMMM....Slow and Steady....OMMMMM ......etc etc etc

    By Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home