I'm With The (Lap) Band

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A Day for NSVs!!

Alek and I went to Turner Falls up in Oklahoma today and it was a day of NSVs*...

1. I walked about a quarter of a mile down a creek - zig-zagging and climbing through rocks. Then we got out and walked up the road back to the car. Before, I wouldn't have ventured past about 10 feet from where the car was parked - and if I did, Alek would have had to go get the car and bring it to me.

Today, I actually offered to go get the car for him because he was barefoot.

2. After we played in the upper creek, we went down the hill to play in the cascade pond. We rode the shuttle down the hill - but we got off at the first shuttle stop at the bottom of the hill and walked all of the way back to the falls and didn't catch the shuttle tram that takes you down to that area. We walked all the way back, too! (AFTER playing/swimming in the water for about 45 minutes.)

3. All this time, I was walking around in my swimsuit and water shoes and nothing else. I didn't have the "I have to cover this body up" coverup on...and I didn't mind it!!

4. As we were leaving, my brother called and wanted us to come help them get the last of the stuff out of the house they are moving out of - and, although I took a nap while he went to get the U-Haul, I finished packing up his house and helped pack the truck and trailer and my car with the stuff - and I'm tired - but I'm not worn out!

AND the BEST NSV of the Day:

5. Alek and I were swimming in the cascade pond and we were looking at the waterfalls and he put his arms around me and could LACE HIS FINGERS TOGETHER around me!!! I couldn't believe it - I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo excited!!!

I need these days - 'cause the scales aren't moving very much right now - but SOMETHING's working!!!


*NSV = Non Scale Victory

1 Comments:

  • Liz Those are some really great NSV's I am so proud and happy for you! Way to go...and I am envious about the bathing-suit thing! I still have to cover up in my own back yard....which reminds me...you need to come swimming!

    By Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga, at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home