I'm With The (Lap) Band

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Weekend Away

Just spent a wonderful weekend in Indiana with family - family I don't get to see nearly enough! (Hi, Uncle Don!)

I love to laugh with these people - and know I've got to do my part in keeping up with them.

Good news is that in the weekend of eating out for every meal - even eating things I would normally not even try (i.e. a bread roll! eeek!) - my band allowed it all - didn't have a single bite stuck or have the need for a pb - and when I went back to the gym last night, I hadn't gained an ounce! I didn't lose any ounces, either - but know that in the past, I would have gained a lot after riding in the car for 15 hours each way - plus eating out every meal.

The weirdest thing was that I took along a box of 100 calorie packs of Oreos and a box of 100 calorie packs of Wheat Thins - along with 3 small snack ziplock packs of brownie bites (each bag contained the equivalent of one regulation size brownie) - and when I pulled into my driveway on Monday night, I had 2 1/2 ziplocks left of brownie bites, the entire box of oreos and 2/3 of the box of Wheat thins left! I realized that I hadn't eaten my way to Indiana and back! Big Wahoo for me!!

1 Comments:

  • We are proud of you. You are looking great. Love ya Uncle Don

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home