I'm With The (Lap) Band

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Frustration...

I am getting so frustrated with this whole "approval" process. I feel like there are obstacles EVERYwhere between me and getting the band and having a chance at life.

The insurance company wants A, B and C - I get them A, B, and C - and have D, E and F ready for them just in case they decide that it is needed...but I can't even determine that because it seems like I am the last person on any doctor's list of patients to take care of.

I had the issues in the summer with "falling through the cracks" at one doctor's office - and now, I can't get ANYONE to return my calls from the new doctors' offices. I am not belligerant when I call - I'm actually quite pleasant and even-tempered. I get the things that they've called to say the insurance company is requesting and have them submitted ASAHP - the latest being a nutritional evaluation that was completed on October 19th and submitted to the surgeon's office that week - and yet no follow-up has been given to the insurance company yet.

I realize that the one doctor has "6000 patients" - and I'm only one - but sometimes I wonder if some higher being is telling me to forget about it.

But I don't want to forget about it. I want to live. I want to move. We are in the middle of this move to our new house and I can barely do anything. I can paint the middle of the walls, but if it is too high up, I can't climb on the ladder - I'm about 100 lbs too heavy for its weight limit - and I can't get down on the floor to do the lower walls and baseboards unless I'm there by myself so no one can see me rolling on the floor because that's the only way I can move down there. And forget about getting up with any modicum of grace.

I can't stand long enough to pack boxes in the kitchen at the apartment and I have no strength to really be of any help to my husband and anyone else working on getting everything together. I just feel like I want to go to bed and wake up when it's all over with - except for the fact that I'd be sitting in an empty apartment in a bed that no one could move because I was the one in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home